Table of Contents
If you have opened your account in the State Bank of India (SBI) under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), and you have SBI RuPay Debit Card.
So for all such people, the State Bank of India (SBI) provides a complimentary accidental insurance cover up to Rs 2,00,000 to all those account holders. In the event of death due to an accident, all such account holders will be benefitted under this scheme.
Who are eligible for the SBI PMJDY accidental insurance cover?
There is a provision of different State Bank of India PMJDY insurance covers under this scheme.
First insurance cover in which if you have a Rupay debit card of SBI under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, and your account was opened on or before August 28, 2018, then you will get PMJDY SBI accidental insurance cover up to Rs 1,00,000 in such a situation.
The same If you have opened your account in SBI after August 28, 2018, under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana and got SBI RuPay Debit Card, then you can take advantage of PMJDY SBI’s accidental insurance cover up to Rs 2,00,000.
That is, not every SBI PMJDY account holder can get the insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh. If someone will get Rs 1 lakh SBI accidental insurance cover, then someone will get Rs 2 lakh.
How the SBI will pay PMJDY accidental insurance cover?
Under this plan, if any of the SBI PMJDY insurance account-holder died.
But 90 days before his death, he has done any kind of successful financial or non-financial transaction at any platform, from SBI to SBI or from SBI to any other bank. Only then, the State Bank of India gives the total sanctioned amount as SBI PMJDY death insurance cover.
Read More What is the NFT Full Form 2022?
What documents are required for the SBI PMJDY accidental insurance cover?
There is a long list of documents that are required to claim the insurance cover after the death of the SBI PMJDY account holder.
- The first document is to claim this PMJDY SBI’s death insurance cover is an insurance claim form.
- Copy of death certificate of the insured person (SBI PMJDY account holder).
- Original copy or certified copy of police report (First Information report i.e. FIR) which provides the necessary information about the accident.
- If the death of the insured person is due to any other reason, then a copy of post mortem report, forensic science laboratory report, and chemical analysis report must be attached, providing additional information about the reason for death.
- Copy of Aadhar Card (insured person). The bank could also ask to show the original Aadhar Card of the insured person.
- The RuPay Debit Card issuing bank’s stamp, signature by the bank officials along with a proper declaration form. In this declaration form, the name and email id of the bank’s official with addresses must be mentioned.
- Name of the nominee with bank’s details and passbook copy.
How to apply for SBI PMJDY accidental insurance cover?
Step1. First, you need to fill out the insurance claim form completely.
Step2. Attach all the required documents (mentioned above) along with the insurance claim form.
Step3. Submit all documents to the bank’s official (Associated department) within 90 days of the insured person’s death.
FAQ – SBI PMJDY accidental insurance cover Scheme
1. Is this plan by the State bank of India (SBI) free or not?
Yes, it is free.
2. After how many days we can apply for SBI PMJDY accidental insurance cover plan?
You can apply for this plan within 90 days of the death of the SBI PMJDY account-holder along with all documents.