There are many typical words and formats in aviation, and NOTAM is one of them. The NOTAM has its bad and good reviews which are based on some incidents that happened in the past, which would be discussed later in this article.
What is a NOTAM in aviation?
A NOTAM is a kind of notice (A notice to an Airman or a notice to an Air Mission) containing essential information about the flight route or its location. In these unclassified notices, those flight operations are mentioned that could affect aviation.
By using special concentrated characters the language in these notices (i.e NOTAMs) is become unique and needs to be decoded by the aviation authority.
What are the examples of NOTAMs?
Given below is a typical form of concentrated characters that call NOTAMs in aviation language. Here we are using the NOTAM of London Heathrow AirPort.
A1234/06 NOTAMR A1212/06
E)DUE WIP TWY B SOUTH CLSD BTN ‘F’ AND ‘R’. TWY ‘R’ CLSD BTN ‘A’ AND ‘B’ AND DIVERTED VIA NEW GREEN CL AND BLUE EDGE LGT. CTN ADZ
You can see the decoded format of this NOTAM by visiting the Wikipedia NOTAM page.
How NOTAMs works?
NOTAMs typically work like uncategorized notices or advisories to alert pilots or members of the crew regarding the fight by means of telecommunication that contain information concerning,
- Of potential hazards along a flight route or at a location.
- Concern about the establishment, procedure, condition, or change of any facility, service, etc.
- Indicating the Real-time position and abnormal status of the flight that could impact users.
- Identifying the common issues, FAQ, best practices, etc in the form of two NOTAMs, (Airpot NOTAM, and Pilot NOTA).
What are the types of NOTAMs?
There are mainly 10 types of NOTAMs that are used in aviation.
- Domestic NOMATs
- International NOTAMs
- Military NOTAMs
- Civil NOTAMs
- Class I NOTAMs
- Class II NOTAMs
- Special Activity Airspace (SAA) NOTAMs
- Center Area NOTAMs
- Flight Data Center (FDC) NOTAMs
- Including type (O) and type (U) NOTAM (D)
Read Also – What is PayPal LoanBuilder? Requirements, Good & Bad, Etc.
- NOTAM – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOTAM
- Types of NOTAMs – https://www.pilotmall.com/blogs/news/9-types-of-notams-used-in-aviation-guide
- What is a NOTAM – https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/notam/what_is_a_notam